Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

CQJP 2012 February Block




My February block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 is finished. This time I did a green 6" block using silk fabrics.

Here is the base block before I added any embroidery.



My theme for this year is Christmas so I put a couple of candy canes in the middle of the block. I decided to satin stitch the red and white stripes on an angle and it gives a nice rounded look to the candy canes.

Every month I am trying a stitch or technique that I have to look at a book to remember how to do it. This month the stitch that I cannot remember to do automatically is the chained feather stitch.

I added some beads to the stitch for the first time because I usually leave it plain.



People from all around the world have started putting their blocks on the CQJP 2012 blog. Anyone can look at them by going to the blog. It is so wonderful to see everyone’s blocks.



Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beads look great Linda, I assume the little reds are tiny beads as well and the chained part is the end of each feather. The block looks great.
Cathie

Gina E. said...

Gorgeous finish, Linda. You would hardly know it is the same block from start to finish, you embellish it so beautifully. Yes, the blocks appearing on CQJP2012 are stunning...such a huge variety.

Pippas quilts said...

love the stitches and the colours it is great to see all of the crazy quilts such a variety of work.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks for your comments, Cathie, Gina and Pippa.
I did put some red beads on the feathered chain stitch as well,they don't show up very well in the photo but they add a bit of weight and light to the stitch.