Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Round Robin Needle case Round 1

I am participating in two Round Robins this year. In the last post I wrote about the 6" blocks that we are doing with the Southern Cross Crazies.
 I have also joined in a Needle case Round Robin. This is a much smaller commitment because we had to make a block that measured 6" x 4" and when we receive the block we only have to work on a third of it because there are only four in each group.

I received Helen's block first and it was made out of soft green and cream fabric.


I had missed over  2 weeks of sewing time because of being away on the cruise but I still managed to get the sewing done on the round robins and get them posted off in time.

I decided to fill in the back corner of Helen's Needle case.

My work on Helen's Needle case

Everyone seems to have done lovely soft colours for their bases, they are going to get a shock when they see my base! I went for a bit of colour!!

My needle case base block
I used silks in orange and peach tones, I can't wait to see what everyone in the group does with it.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh those colours are gorgeous! I think they offer a wonderful opportunity for stunning embellishment :-)

Linda Steele said...

I think that I like any colourway that has ever been sent to me on a Round Robin, Gina. I just love colour, soft or bright.