Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Australian Quilts in France

I was honoured to be included in a special display of Australian quilts that will be shown in France next month.
The exhibition is called Australia Quilts- Exceptional Quilts from the Great Southern Land.

 


The exhibition will be on show at the Carrefour European du Patchwork/ European Patchwork Meeting 2014, which will be held on 18th-21st September 2014.

The exhibition was curated by Brenda Gael Smith, I am always amazed at Brenda's extraordinary talents and I know that she has worked very hard for this exhibition.

My quilt Holiday Waltz was chosen to be in the exhibition and I feel very honoured to be in such illustrious company. If you click on this link  Australia Quilts you will see quilts by the best of Australian Quilters and I am quite humbled to be included. As you mouse over the thumbnails a bigger photo comes into view.

Holiday Waltz © Linda Steele
I would love to go over there and see the quilt show; I've never been to France.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations Linda. I was lucky enough to visit the European Patchwork Exhibition a couple of years ago, when we happened to see a flyer advertising it, in a patchwork shop window in a French town where we were staying, not far away.
It is held in a series of small villages in a beautiful valley, with the exhibits displayed in every available venue, churches, halls, etc.
I particularly loved the open air food court, sitting at long benches in the sum eating yummy French food accompanied with a glass of wine. Wish we could do that here in Oz!

Linda Steele said...

That sounds really wonderful, Jill. A perfect holiday to me.

Linda