Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Insects on a Crazy Quilt

I am back to working on my crazy quilt about the Seasons and I have added some insects to the centre block. They are good to add interest in some bare spots.

I have had some little black and yellow striped beads for years and I have finally used them.

Black and yellow striped beads
I am not sure where I bought them now; it might have been in Houston. I used a little black bead for a head and then added some legs with embroidery thread.

Head and legs attached
Finally I added some wings and my little beads became Bees.

Beaded Bees
I also embroidered a little purple beetle.

Beetle
There is a caterpillar climbing on a branch.

Caterpillar
I always have to have some dragonflies flitting around my quilts.

Dragonflies
I love the pop of colour that a lady- bird adds to a quilt.

Lady bird
Finally I added some simple little embroidered butterflies.

Butterflies
This quilt is taking me ages and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever finish it.

Bye for now,
Linda

6 comments:

Gina E. said...

But when you have (and you will of course!) what a stunning piece of art that you can be proud of completing! I love all the insects, but the bees are especially cute :-)

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina,

I love the little bees as well. I have a self imposed deadline to have the quilt finished in the early new year, then I have to quilt it of course!

Michele Hill said...

Just beautiful as always Linda……..such clever little bees too! X

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Michele, lovely to hear from you.

jude's page said...

Love the bees, and well done for buying the striped beads.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I try and buy unusual things when I see them , you never know when they'll come in handy