Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2015

President of Waverley Patchworkers

At the last Waverley Patchworkers AGM (Annual General Meeting) I became the new President. I originally thought that I would take on the role of Vice President and after twelve months of learning the ropes I would take over as President.
Imagine my surprise when the President told me that she had decided not to go on for a second year! So I went straight into being President and have to do a crash course on the job.

I have been a member of Waverley Patchworkers for 16 years and have spent three years on the committee in the past and I have run three of Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Shows and been on the committee for two other shows so I am not completely new to how things run at Waverley.


I am still the coordinator of the Waverley Art Quilters and a Valuer for Victorian Quilters so I will be busy especially as I do want to keep making quilts as well. This year is especially hectic as I am still minding my baby granddaughter four days a week. I must be mad to take on another job!

My main aim as President for the first year is to have a stable year and to get everyone in the club to know each other a little better.

Last week the International Quilt Festival was on in Houston and if you click here you can see the photos of the prize winners. I didn't have a quilt in the show this year but if I get a move on I might have a quilt finished for next year.

Bye for now,
Linda

5 comments:

jude's page said...

Dont they say that if you want a job done, then ask a busy person? You will be good president material.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude,
We have already had our first committee meeting and I think we will have a good year.

Gina E. said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations....I think! I wish I lived closer and could join your Group, but it's just a bit too far to come on a regular basis, although I always try to get to the exhibitions. Did you know we have our own quilter shop in Eltham now? Only a stone's throw from me, so I'll be a regular visitor! They have a weekly sit and sew morning on Fridays and I've been to the first two, and have already have some help on two projects I was stuck on :-) They have a number of classes planned for next year, and it would be super if you could run some classes over there at some time in the future when you don't have quite so many commitments!

Linda Steele said...

I love to hear about new shops opening, Gina. I wish the shop every success

uk-essay-reviews.com said...

Congrats for your new role of being president. That's so great and I think You are worth of it. Hopr your club will be having a great year with a new president)