Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Applique

I am back working on my Seasons quilt, I had hoped to have the applique corners finished by now but I dropped everything to create my Life on the Reef quilt. I really have to get a move on with this quilt because I am determined to finish it this year.

I have sewn some Poinsettia in the winter corner.


In the Autumn corner I have made some Pomegranate flowers.


In the summer corner I have put some red roses.


 Down in the Spring corner I made some Granny Bonnet flowers.

The Granny Bonnets looked a bit pale to me and when I looked at photos of them I realised that they needed more colour so I added some with a Fabrico marker.


I was much happier with them after that.
I still have a bit more applique, actually a lot more applique on the summer corner and then I will add some hand embroidery; that should give them all a lift.

I sometimes forget how slow hand applique can be!

Bye for now,
Linda


2 comments:

jude's page said...

I love your combination of reds for the flowers, and look forward to seeing the finish quilt.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I am really concentrating on finishing this quilt now