Pages

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Blog 2 Print

At the beginning of every year I make all the blog posts that I have done for the previous year into a book. Well, I don't make the book, I use a company called Blog 2 Print. They make it so easy, you just write in your blog address and give them the start and end dates, choose a cover and order. A couple of weeks later a book arrives.

Here is my blog book for 2015.



It is a beautiful hard cover book containing all my blog posts and photos in date order, with an index in the front.

The quality is very nice; Here is one of the pages open.



They are almost like a diary that documents my life and although I don't post day to day personal information on my blog, I have posted major events like weddings and births. My sewing and those major events are the most important things that happen in my life so it is a bit like a diary.

I have actually looked up these books to check on information sometimes. I use the Blogspot platform and you never know, it might close one day or something might happen and all that information that I write could be lost forever. One day my children or grandchildren might like to look at them and get a bit of an idea of how I lived my life.

Here is a photo of all my blog books.



It's hard to believe that I have been writing blog posts for 5 years now! How quickly the years fly by. All the more reason to get the blog posts printed I guess.

Bye for now,
Linda

6 comments:

Gina E. said...

Linda I am so glad you posted this. For years I have toyed with the idea of getting some of my blogs printed before they get deleted by blogspot, and seeing yours have inspired me to get a wriggle on and do something about mine!

Linda Steele said...

That's great Gina, they do a good job with the books.

Robbie said...

I too use Blog2Print my posts. They do a wonderful job...not cheap but sure beats writing in a journal everyday and keeping all those pics of our projects/art work!

Linda Steele said...

I agree Robbie, it's worth the money

jude's page said...

I love getting my blog printed too, and thought the special was good early this month, just forgot the exchange rate!! But I had posted lots more so the book was bigger.

Linda Steele said...

My book was a bit cheaper this year Judy because I had done less posts because I had been so busy minding Savannah. It's good to hear that other people do it as well.