Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Southern Cross Crazies Round Robin

This year I am participating in the Round Robin with the on-line Southern Cross Crazies group. It's a small but friendly Yahoo group but most of us hate Yahoo so much that we also have a closed Facebook group where it is much easier to keep in touch and post photos.

It is round two and I received Alison's blocks. We all made six 6" blocks and we choose one to embroider and then post them on to the next person on the list. I chose a pretty pink one to embroider.


One block had already been done by Patti; she had chosen a peach coloured block and had done some beautiful work on it. The round robins are a great way to see other people's embroidery up close.

Alison's block by Patti

I started out by choosing my threads, Alison wanted to keep the embroidery in the colours of the base but we could add a couple of other colours like green for the leaves.

Choosing threads

Usually I start in the middle and embroider any motifs first but this time I started on the outside with the seam treatments.

Progress

Here is the finished block; luckily these 6" blocks don't take very long to do.


I have already posted these blocks onto the next person and have received the next lot of blocks, so at least it gives me some hand sewing to do when I go to friendship groups.


Bye for now,
Linda

5 comments:

Robbie said...

Very nice...so pretty and delicate!!

Sharon said...

So very pretty...They look lovely...

Linda Steele said...

Thank you very much Robbie and Sharon, the six inch size is a lovely size to sew without having too much time pressure.

Gina E. said...

These are exquisite. I love crazy patchwork, and had a marathon run on them a few years ago, but burnt myself out, possibly because I was working on 12" blocks and it took ages to finish each one. Keeping the blocks small is a great idea. If I ever get back to doing CQ, I will keep that in mind.

Linda Steele said...

The six inch size is a great size to work on and not overwhelming. I'm sure you'd enjoy getting back to some embroidery Gina