Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Crazy Quilting Round Robin completed

I have finally posted off the blocks in the last round of the Round Robin 2017 for the online group the Southern Cross Crazies.
The last block that I had to embroider was for Florence. Her blocks were a lovely blue/green silk. This is the block that I chose to work on.





Because this is the last round I got to see all the blocks that the others in the group had done.






I've been with this group for a few years now and I can guess who has made which block because everyone has their own style.

I picked out the ribbons and threads that I thought I'd use and got to work.


As I was working I was thinking about what the others had done and realized that they had all stuck to the tone on tone theme. That means that you only use the colours that are in the base block. Florence had asked us to stick to the tone on tone theme and so I realized that I couldn't use the orange and yellow threads that I had picked out for some contrast.

I found it a bit of a challenge at first because I am used to using lots of colours and I love the pop of the complementary colour, which is the opposite colour on the colour wheel. As I worked away I came to terms with the tone on tone theme and ended up loving the more subtle look.



I have since heard from Florence and she loved the block that I made for her. I had sent her a photo of the block and she said that it looks even more beautiful in person! Thanks Florence.

Bye for now,
Linda








6 comments:

Robbie said...

Lovely...just lovely!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I loved the colours, maybe because I have been doing a lot of coral reef quilts lately

jude's page said...

They look fantastic, well done

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, it was a fun project to be involved in,

Gina E. said...

Oh my gosh, how gorgeous. Just like a fabulous fabric peacock!

Linda Steele said...

Those colours are gorgeous aren't they, Gina