Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Beginning a new quilt

For some time I have needed a project to take to sewing groups, I didn't want to have  something that was too complicated or needed good light for precision. I also wanted something bright and happy so I started making blocks with shapes that were not flower shapes.

I have finally finished the 12 blocks.




I fused the shapes and then used my sewing machine to blanket stitch around the edges. I used my machine for the blanket stitching because I find it a tedious stitch to do by hand.




I am going to add embroidery to them as my sewing group project, if the lighting is not very good I should still be able to embroider it without too much trouble. I have started a bit already to see if it would work. The pink circle has some colonial knots around it.




I found a thread container that I had bought years ago and thought it would be perfect to keep with the blocks.



I added some bright threads that I thought would go with the blocks. This is what it looks like when it is open.



So now I am ready to go to any sewing days. I have no idea what the finished quilt will look like as I have only designed the outside blocks. There is no hurry to design the rest of the quilt though, the idea is to have some sewing to do while I catch up with friends. I have the Waverley Patchworkers' retreat coming up and this will be perfect to take.

Bye for now,
Linda



2 comments:

Robbie said...

Blocks are VERY nice...your workmanship always is above standard!!!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, it will be bright, my friends were surprised when they saw the bright threads.