Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Stitches and Craft Show 2017

There is a new Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne and it starts tomorrow Thursday 23rd November. I was in there today hanging the SAQA travelling quilt exhibition called My Corner of the World.


It is a large exhibition of art quilts from around the world. It is a fabulous display and I loved seeing all the different quilts up close. I had a friend help me and it took us four hours to hang the quilts.

Here are a couple of photos.

Lake Vistas 2 by Joan Reive of Canada


Blue Heron by Molly Samuels of USA

I will be there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I hope people will come to the show, I got a chance to see some of the stalls and it looks fun, fresh and exciting with stalls that I haven't seen before. There seems to be a Christmas and celebration look to the show and it looks great.

The show is on at the beautiful old Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne Australia, Thursday 23rd Nov to Sunday 26th Nov. Opening hours are 10am to 4pm.

Hope to see you there.
Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

jude's page said...

I hope you get lots of visitors to the show, I would normally be in Melbourne for Quilt Market this weekend, but have a wedding in SA instead this year.

Linda Steele said...

I hope so as well, Jude, the exhibition looks fantastic. Maybe people will go to the show as well as the market?