Pages

Friday 8 June 2012

Art Quilters Display

I forgot to tell everyone about the Waverley Art Quilters display that was on at the Waverley Patchworkers Quilt show a couple of weeks ago. It was a very popular display and we received some lovely compliments about our work. Most of the work displayed is an A3 size. We find that A3 is an achievable size for a small, once a month challenge. For the first couple of years we used A4 but that size became a bit limiting.

Waverley Art Quilters Display 2012
We only showed some of our recent work and not everyone was able to put their work in the display.

Van Gogh Inspired
Inspiration from Image
I think the Inspiration from Image part of the display was my favourite, maybe it was the complementary colours of red and green that made it so vibrant.

To read my last post about the Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Show, click here

Seeing all those red leaves reminds me that there is an Art Quilt Competition running at the moment called One Red Thread. Click on the link to find out all about it. It will be running in conjunction with the Berry Quilting Retreat in September this year, but I think entry forms are due at the end of June. I promised that I would enter, so I had better get onto that!

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: