|Jenifer's base block|
It's actually bit scary working on someone else's block.
What if they don't like it?
What if it's not what they expected?
What if I don't like it?
What if I make a mistake?
Oh my goodness, why am I doing this?
Then I remember that this is supposed to be fun and it's only a bit of fabric anyway.
We have already had a slight hiccup when one block took about 10 days to arrive from NSW to WA, and everyone thought that it was lost!
I decided to add some satin stitching to the centre flower because I thought it would get lost once the block was covered with embroidery.
Then I added a vine with some ribbon leaves and some red spider web roses. I decided on red roses because there are some red ladybirds peeping out of the centre square and I thought it would highlight them a bit more.
On the last seam I did some double feather stitches and added some yellow beads.
|My embroidery on Jenifer's block|
Bye for now,