Pages

Thursday 22 November 2012

Wedding day

It's been a while since I visited my blog because I have been very busy with my daughter's wedding last weekend. It was a wonderful day and everything went to plan and my daughter Bec and her new husband Andrew were so happy. Parents can't ask for more than that!

I took a few photos myself and I can't wait to see the professional photos but they are going to take 6 weeks.

Andrew and Bec
 
Andrew and Bec


 

Here's a photo of me and my daughter Alison who was one of the bridesmaids.

Linda and Alison

I have hardly done any sewing for the last month because of the planning, dress fittings, shopping and organising. I did do a little bit of sewing though, I made a small ring cushion with their initials embroidered inside a heart and I forgot to take a photo of it!

It is now four days after the wedding and the newlyweds are on their honeymoon and my sewing is still packed away. I think I was more tired than I thought. Suddenly the wedding is over and I have to start thinking about Christmas and the end of the year because I have not thought beyond the wedding this year.

I am getting back to sewing next week.

What a wonderful time it was though.

Bye for now,
Linda

6 comments:

jude's page said...

Beautiful photos, congratulations Linda. Sewing can wait, take time to recover.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, You are right, wonderful, special days like this don't come very often and we should sit back and enjoy.
Linda

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You have such beautiful daughters Linda and now a handsome son-in-law. Congratulations! (btw, I like that car too!)

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Connie, we do love our handsome new son-in-law. I hope the professional photos turn out well.
Linda

MarneyMay said...

Both your daughters are beautiful.
Congratulations glad the wedding went well and I hope they have a long and happy marriage

Cheers Pauline

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Pauline, I remember enjoying my own wedding very much, but this seemed even better. Who knows what I'll be like when grand children eventually come along!
Linda