Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

CQJP 2012 December

It's time to post the last block of the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 (CQJP 2012). I had a busy year as usual but I managed to keep up with making a crazy quilt block every month this year. My theme was Christmas and here is my December block. It measure 6", so this is one of the smaller ones.

CQJP 2012 December
There are still a couple of charms and beads to sew onto the block but I'll add them after it is quilted.

I have made 12 blocks but I am actually going to make a thirteenth block to tie them all together to make a quilt. I have a vague idea of what the final block will look like but I won't be designing it until after Christmas.

All the Christmas decorations in the shops weren't a surprise this year and I didn't even feel as if they were too early like I usually do because I have been playing around with Christmas all year! I'll be pleased to finish this quilt and start working on something else.

I have decided not to participate in CQJP 2013because I still have this quilt to finish plus all my other plans. It's been a fun experience though and if they run another in 2014 I might join in again.

Bye for now,
Linda

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Congrats on completing CQJP 2012! Your Christmas block turned out beautifully Linda.

MarneyMay said...

Beautiful block, can't wait to see the finished quilt

Merry Christmas
Pauline

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Lorraine and Pauline, I am busy trying to decide how to put them together. Sometimes I wish I would plan it out before I start.
Linda