Here is what I ended up with after two days of dyeing, rinsing and ironing.
Here is a photo of my containers all filled with different dye combinations and fabric.
In the past I have always dyed fat quarters but this time I tore 12" strips by the width of the fabric. I used Procion dyes in blue, yellow, red and black. Actually I had two shades of each colour, a warm and a cool.
This time I was trying different combinations to get landscape colours and I was very happy with the results.
|Blues and Purples|
|Reds and Browns|
While I had my dyes out I thought I would also dye some silk, cheesecloth, organza and lace
|Organza and Lace|
|Silk and Cheesecloth|
At the last minute I grabbed a fat quarter of fabric and did a little shibori dyeing. I wrap it around a plastic pipe and scrunch it down to get the effect. One day, I'll take a photo of me doing it. It's not very well done because I did it so quickly at the end of the day but I am sure it could be put to use in a landscape.
|Blue and green shibori|
I think that you can guess that I am planning on doing some landscape quilts in the next twelve months. So much to do, so little time!!
Bye for now,