I have finally finished the 12 blocks.
I fused the shapes and then used my sewing machine to blanket stitch around the edges. I used my machine for the blanket stitching because I find it a tedious stitch to do by hand.
I am going to add embroidery to them as my sewing group project, if the lighting is not very good I should still be able to embroider it without too much trouble. I have started a bit already to see if it would work. The pink circle has some colonial knots around it.
I found a thread container that I had bought years ago and thought it would be perfect to keep with the blocks.
So now I am ready to go to any sewing days. I have no idea what the finished quilt will look like as I have only designed the outside blocks. There is no hurry to design the rest of the quilt though, the idea is to have some sewing to do while I catch up with friends. I have the Waverley Patchworkers' retreat coming up and this will be perfect to take.
Bye for now,