Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

Memories of Stitches and Craft Melbourne 2017

The Stitches and Craft show is over for another year. I enjoyed my days there minding the SAQA - My Corner of the World exhibition. The quilts were such a high standard and we were lucky to have such a prestigious international exhibition here.

I took photos of all the quilts and some I didn't like at first butI got to like after a while especially after reading the artist statement.

The quilt that received many comments was Main and 3rd by Jill Kerttula
The photos don't do the quilts justice, as usual with quilts

Main and 3rd by Jill Kerttula


Another favourite was Birding on a Quiet Hill by Sara Sharp.

Birding on a Quiet Hill by Sara Sharp
Cradle 3 by Erika Carter was made with hand painted organza and it really looked like branches blowing in the breeze.

Cradle 3 by Erika Carter

A quilt that was made of wool fibres represented shadows on the ground; it was very cleverly done by Mita Giacomini.

August by Mita Giacomini


The Stitches and Craft show was more of a craft show than a quilting show with many different shops to what we are used to but I still managed to buy a few things; some fat quarters that will be perfect for rocks in my coral reef quilts, some sparkly felt that I use for a base when embroidering coral and a book on felting.




I am not a felt maker and never will be but I can use some of the techniques for my coral reef quilts and the book has wonderful step by step photos.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: