Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2018

The Best News

We've had an exciting time around here as we have welcomed a new little bundle into our family. My daughter Bec and her husband Andrew had a new baby girl and they've called her Anna.

Anna

I am lucky that they live very close to me and so I got the call at 3 o'clock in the morning that Bec was in labour and I went over to stay at their house to mind big brother Jack so Andrew could be at the birth.

Here is the family just a few hours after the birth. They look pretty good for not much sleep!



My husband and I went back again that evening for a little cuddle.



I have been going over every day to help Bec out, I am mainly playing around with Jack while Anna is feeding. Jack has been looking forward to my visits because Mummy always seems to be busy with the baby. Poor little Jack has only just turned 2 and is always asking us to put the baby down!

Little cousin Savannah who is now 3 1/2 came over for a cuddle.



Everyone was over at my place for Father's Day last Sunday and I tried to get a photo of me with the 3 grandchildren, but it was like herding cats. This is the best photo, Jack did not want to sit down and have his photo taken.



Here is Anna having her 2 week old photo I can't believe she will be 3 weeks old in a couple of days, the weeks are flying by in a blur.

Anna 2 weeks old
So I am not getting any sewing done but I love that I am able to help my daughter out at this busy time.

Bye for now,
Linda

10 comments:

Michele Hill said...

Congratulations Linda...what wonderful news for you all. Hugs xxxx

jude's page said...

Congratulations Linda, glad you live close by, they grow so fast, my latest is 6 months old today, don't know where that time went, and only 4 months until the next one is due!!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Michele, a new baby seems so miraculous, we are loving having such a tiny bundle to cuddle.

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Jude,
I was just saying to my daughter this morning that this time next year little Anna will be toddling around, they are little for such a short time.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Congratulations Linda. Anna looks beautiful. I’m sure you are enjoying spending time with all your grand children. Sewing can wait.

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Wendy, it is such a special time although also exhausting when there is a toddler to run after as well.

Charlotte Scott said...

Gorgeous!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Charlotte, we are enjoying having a little baby in the family

Robbie said...

Yes, you are lucky to be so close...nothing like that bond of grandma to her grand babies!!! And then they go off to college! Sniff, sniff!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Robbie, being a grandmother is so much better than I thought. It's hard to believe that they will ever be big enough to go to College, but I used to think that about my own children.