Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Houston Silent Auction 2019

Every year the people at the Houston Quilt show invite previous winners to donate a quilt to their silent auction to help raise funds for the wonderful show that they put on every year. I try to donate one every year because they put on such a great show and do so much to encourage quilters from all over the world.

Once again, I was invited but knew that I didn't really have any spare time to make something. Then I remembered the little crazy quilt I did for the Crazy Quilting calendar last year. You can read my blog post about it from 9th October 2018 here.

I added a red silk border to it.

Adding the border

The deadline to have it arrive in time was looming and even with the fastest postage from Australia, it takes a week to get there. So, I quilted the border with a feather pattern which didn't take very long.

Crazy about Christmas by Linda Steele

Here are some detail photos.




I received the news that it has arrived in Houston and now I just have to hope that someone bids on it and buys it.

It is the only quilt I will have in Houston this year; I didn't get one done in time. Hopefully I can get my latest quilt done in time for next year's show!

Bye for now,
Linda

6 comments:

jude's page said...

It looks great Linda, I am sure it will raise plenty.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I hope that some people are interested.

Mary said...

Your quilt is beautiful!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Mary, so kind of you to drop by and tell me that. I hope others feel the same way. How embarrassing for my little quilt if no one bids on it!

Robbie said...

WOW!!!! I'm SO impressed! It was a lovely little piece with all the embroidery BUT then you quilted it and certainly brought out the beauty of this piece!!! Wonderful!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I really enjoyed making this block even of I had to rush to get in done in time for Houston. I have some friends going this year so they might keep me posted if it gets some bids!