Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Crazy Christmas Decorations

 I joined a Crazy Quilt Christmas decoration swap and made the commitment to make 3 decorations. I have been working away at them in the evenings in front of the TV. I have made them double sided and made them in three colours, red, green and white.









They are only 3 inches wide and will be a circle shape. They actually look better than they appear in the photos for some reason.

Now I have to work out how to make them into decorations. I am planning to cut some circles out of foam core board and wrap and lace the decorations around it. I think that they will need some weight, so I'll have to add a tassel or beads hanging from the bottom. I know why I don't usually do this sort of thing- it's sort of fiddly!

My quilt was selected to be in the Oz Quilt Network- Australia Wide 7 Exhibition. The tour is about to start and they made one of their advertisements using my quilt. I think it looks good.


Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited to have your quilt chosen AND to have it featured in their advertising has to just be the icing on the cake.
As for making ornaments, you're right - they ARE fiddly. I made a series (usually about 20) every year for well over twenty years and finally put a stop to it a couple of years ago. Huge relief. Mind you, it probably was equally as much of a relief to all the long-suffering recipients!

Linda Steele said...

I can't believe that you made so many decorations, Magpie Mumblings. I have found 3 to be a challenge. I just hope that they work out in the end.