Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2022

Waverley Patchworkers turns 40

 Waverley Patchworkers turned 40 in 2021, but our celebrations had to be put on hold because of Covid restrictions. However, last month we had our party at the Box Hill golf club. It was a lovely lunch and so nice to see everyone after so long.

They had a quilt challenge called Ruby Surprise. I made one of my coral reef quilts.


It wasn't very adventurous, I must admit, but I just couldn't think of anything else to do. Here is a detail photo.


My favourite was the ballet shoes, I never did find out who made it.


 My other favourite won a prize, it was a clever present.


All the challenge quilts were displayed at the lunch.



There weren't that many really, I think that most people were feeling a bit down and uninspired after all the lockdowns.

Still it was a lovely day and hopefully all those lockdowns and restrictions are over now.

Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've always had a thing about red shoes so those ballet slippers probably would have caught my eye too. It was fun to see the rest of the challenge pieces on display but what made me smile was seeing the red balloon in yours. Happy birthday wishes to your guild!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Magpie Mumblings, it was so lovely to see other members of our group again. It made me realise what a hermit I had become, not by choice of course.