Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2022

Quilting Arts magazine- Issue 114

 I was thrilled to have one of my quilts featured in a Quilting Arts Magazine article about Contemporary Quilts in the Oceania region. I have been buying this magazine since issue one and have always looked forward to receiving them in the mail.


Quilting Arts Magazine issue 114


My quilt Grief was used as the title page of the article.


Here are some of the other pages in the article.




I know or have met most of the artists in the article and they are all so talented, it is lovely to be featured amongst them.

A couple of my quilts are in touring exhibitions at the moment. Reef Revelations is in Kyabram with the SAQA Oceania Distance and Diversity Exhibition.

Reef Revelations

My Ocean Dance quilt was selected for the Oz Quilt Network- Australia Wide 8 exhibition and is currently on display at the Warrick Gallery in Queensland. If you click on the Oz Quilt Network link there is a You tube video of all the quilts in the exhibition.

Ocean Dance

I suppose that I had better start making some more quilts.

Bye for now,

Linda

 

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Accolades all around for you - deservedly so. I must say I haven't seen an issue of Quilting Arts for years. Can't get them in our little town and subscription prices are outlandish so I pick and choose which magazines I do invest in.

Linda Steele said...

There are hardly any quilting magazines in Australia now, but I do see Quilting Arts sometimes. I still get mine posted by subscription though.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

AU used to be known (at least over here) for their amazing quilting and embroidery magazines. Too bad, like so many other things, they've dwindled.

Linda Steele said...

I know, Magpie Mumblings, times have certainly changed. Our newsagent is selling a lot of giftware now.