Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Quiltcon and Ocean Dance 2

 Last week the Modern Quilt Guild Exhibition was on in America, it's called Quiltcon. I wasn't there but I made a quilt for the fabric challenge and it got accepted.

Challenge Fabrics


I loved the fabrics so I signed up to do the challenge. Unfortunately, I didn't get a prize but I saw the prize winners on Facebook and they were amazing. The winners were actually what I would call a Modern Quilt and mine was more of a contemporary quilt, so I was surprised when it was accepted.

Ocean Dance 2

I actually took some progress photos, it's good to see where I started and where it ended up.

beginning the quilt

Making progress

I sometimes wonder how I manage to sew it all together! Here I am doing the quilting.

Quilting Ocean Dance 2

Here is a detail photo.

Ocean Dance 2 detail

Here is a link to the Winners 2024

I have a lot of fabric left over, so I think I will make another smaller quilt for an Ozquilt Network exhibition that is coming up using the same theme. Time is the problem, I had better get sewing.

Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm not sure that I know the difference between what would be classes as a 'modern' quilt as opposed to 'contemporary'. To me, they're one and the same. Either way, yours is wonderful!

Linda Steele said...

I understand what you mean, Magpie Mumblings but the winners were more like traditional pieced blocks with plain fabrics rather than improv style.