Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

World Crazy Quilt Progress



 I am still working on my World Crazy Quilt (I am still thinking of what I will name the quilt). I have 12 different blocks representing different countries and after I put the blocks onto the background fabric, I thought that they looked a bit plain and bare.

Well, I thought that they needed a bit of embroidery around the borders and it wouldn't take long.
How wrong was I! Each block took two hours to complete the embroidery. That's 24 hours of work that I hadn't planned on.

When I had finished doing the little lazy daisy stitches, I had to put a bead on each cluster. Once again I miscalculated because each block took 40 minutes to add the beads. I had thought that it would take about 15 minutes.

So my little after thought took an extra 2 hours 40 minutes for each block. No wonder these quilts take me so long to do. I think it is worth the work though, judging from the photo above.

I have also been busy with the Australia block that will be in the centre.





Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh WOW!!! I LOVE that Australia block!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina, I enjoyed making it.

Awg55 said...

Are these all applique & did you design the animals, etc? Love the Australian block also; we just visited last year!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks for your comment, I did hand applique the animals with an embroidery thread on the edges. I drew the animals, they are really very simple shapes, nothing too fancy. I notice in this blog post, I didn't know what to call my quilt, I ended up calling it Naturally Crazy and you can see photos of it on my website.