Pages

Saturday 14 January 2012

Christmas Present


Can you see what I got for Christmas? It's an Accuquilt Go cutting machine. I admit that it's a bit of a luxury item and I wasn't sure that I wanted one at first. They had a big stand at Houston when I was there in 2010 and the show price was so good that I was tempted to buy one but I had already bought too much and I knew my luggage would be too heavy.

I have bought a few of the cutting dies that I think I might use. Mostly the applique dies because I don't do many pieced quilts at the moment.

On New Years Eve when everyone was out partying, I was at home sewing. I had to cut 16 circles for some flower centres.

I opened my accuquilt box and found a half inch circle template. I was going to sew a blanket stitch around the edge of the circle so I fused some fusible web to the back of some yellow fabric and bravely tried out the cutter.

I think that it took 30 seconds and I had 16 perfectly formed circles.


I couldn't believe how easy it was. It would have usually taken me at least a couple of hours tracing the circles and then carefully cutting them out. Not to mention the ones I couldn't use because I had missed the curve as I cut.

If the price eventually goes down on the dies, I can imagine it taking over from the rotary cutter.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: