Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Round Robin 3

I have been participating in my first ever Round Robin with Southern Cross Crazy Quilters. We are up to round 3 and I have Arlene's block to work on.

Arlene's block

Arlene has specified a Christmas theme and we can only use blue, white or silver. I actually found this more of a challenge than I thought I would, especially as some of her fabrics are patterned which makes it difficult for the stitching to show if you are not using contrast colours. You can see what the other participants have done so far in the picture above.

I decided to add some Christmas bells, embroidered in satin stitch in the centre. The bow that the bells are hanging from was embroidered in stem stitch. On one of the seams I added some stars in dark blue and silver and then on the white velvet fabric, I added some feather stitch.

Stitching on Arlene's Block

I am enjoying being part of the Round Robin, everyone has a different style and you rarely get a chance to see other peoples work close up.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: