Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Ready for the Victorian Quilt Show?

The annual Victorian Quilters Showcase starts this week on Thursday July 27th and continues until Sunday 30th July.

It's actually the Craft and Quilt Fair but as well as all the wonderful shops to visit we have the magnificent quilts to view.

It's held at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre at South Wharf in Melbourne (also affectionately known as Jeff's Shed). The show is open from 9am to 4.30pm and remember to be there before 9am if you are driving to get the early bird parking.

I will be there every day helping Victorian Quilters with the setting up as well as lots of white glove duty.

I will also be at the awards ceremony on Thursday as President of Waverley Patchworkers to present a prize. I must get a photo of the person who wins our prize.

I also have one of my coral reef quilts in the show. Here is a sneak peak of some detail. I did lots of hand embroidery on this one.


Hope to see you at the show, it's always great fun.

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I am looking forward to this one... I may see you there Linda...

Linda Steele said...

I've been helping with the set up today and there are some wonderful quilts, Sharon. Hope to see you there.

Robbie said...

Hope you'll be able to share some pics with us after the show is over! You're just a tad too far for me to travel! HA

Linda Steele said...

The show is over now Robbie and I will get the photos off the camera today to post them onto my blog