Pages

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Waverley Patchworkers Retreat 2017

I spent a lovely couple of days at the Waverley Patchworker's Retreat. I know why some members never want to miss it because it is a lot of fun.

It was held at Forest Edge in Neerim South and it was a great venue, surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful trees. This was the view near my room.


On the way there my friend and I dropped went to the Egyptian Tentmakers exhibition. Their quilts were lovely, I had seen their quilts a few years ago and the standard of stitching has really improved. There were a couple of appliqued quilts using silk as well as cotton.




They were for sale but we resisted the temptation.

Then it was time for lunch and a visit to Sewing Connection, a quilting shop in Pakenham. I couldn't resist doing some shopping there. Their shop is 30 years old this year.




Then it was on to the retreat, we were not supposed to get there until four o'clock but everyone was keen and arriving at 3.30!

We were so lucky with beautiful sunny weather and I went for a walk after breakfast the first morning to see the river. 
Here is a photo of the walk to the river, it was so pretty and very relaxing.


On Saturday night there is always a bit of fun and you can dress up if you want. The theme was blue and white-water. Many people wore blue and white clothes and some went to more trouble. I had a great idea for a costume but that fabric is still in the bag and didn't get made. In the end I just wore some blue and white that I thought looked watery. My friend went to more trouble with a sailor suit.


Some people went to much more trouble including some other friends of mine, who won the prize for best costume.



The food was wonderful and the venue was great. We were thoroughly spoiled and I know why people go every year. We had two big sewing rooms with large light filled windows. One room was for the machine sewers who got so much done. I was in the hand sewers room so we didn't get as much done but we had a lovely time laughing, chatting and sewing.

Bye for now,
Linda


No comments: