Pages

Saturday 20 July 2019

Exhibition Success

I have been doing some contemporary quilts this year and have entered them into some exhibitions.

I was absolutely thrilled to get two acceptances recently and it's a thrill to have my name amongst some very well-known art quilters.

The exhibitions haven't started yet so I can only show little detail shots until the exhibitions open.

My quilt called The Arguments got into Dare to Differ.

The Arguments-detail

The next quilt I did is called Coral Tragedy and it got into the very prestigious Art Quilt Australia 2019.

Coral Tragedy-detail

I was so happy to receive the good news with these quilts because they are so different to the work I have done for the last 20 years. I am really enjoying doing the contemporary quilts though.

Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Robbie said...

The snippets look wonderful! Can't wait to see the full quilts. Congrats for getting accepted into these two shows!!!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I'm enjoying the change of scene