Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Magazine Articles

 I've written a couple of articles for magazines lately and they were both published this month.

I wrote an article about the Waverley Art Quilter group that I run for the Victorian Quilter Magazine.



I wrote about the history of our group and how we began in 2007, mentioned some of the artists that we have studied and also talked about how we have been working in a series this year. I was thrilled when they published a 3-page article.



I also wrote an article for the New South Wales Quilting Guild. This time I wrote about how I have worked in a series this year. It was all about the Circle series that I have done, those that have read my blog will know all about it.


The glossy paper is hard to photograph well unfortunately. 



I am not in the habit of randomly writing articles for magazines, but with a shortage of articles due to the Covid 19 lockdowns, they were desperate for content. Luckily, I am used to writing for this blog so they didn't take long to write.

I have actually been asked to write another article for a different magazine and that is due next month. That is a magazine that people pay for and so I had better get on with writing it. Once I'm in the right frame of mind it doesn't take long but this one has to be longer than the previous two articles.

I posted off my Crazy quilted Christmas ornaments today, the group is thinking of having a Zoom meeting where we all open our presents!

Bye for now,

Linda

8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know how exciting it is to be published - congratulations! I've been on staff of the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine and I know how difficult it is to find content so I'm sure the editors of all three magazines are more than grateful for your input.

nestki said...

I don't usually comment, but I am a big fan of everything you do, and have been so since I found an article about you years ago in, I think, Quilter's Newsletter. Thank you for describing and photographing your artistic journey in your blog!

Robbie said...

Wow...nice articles...I'm trying to enlarge the first article reading some of it!!!! Nice your work and your guild will get recognition!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, I do know the pressure that the editors are under and don't ever wish to be one.

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Nestki, it's good to know that you are out there reading my humble offerings.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I was thinking the same, it's good to have the details of our group on record.

jude's page said...

Sounds like fun to all zoom the opening of the parcels, zoom certainly has proven itself

Linda Steele said...

That's true Jude and seeing as we are an online group, it will be the first time that I see some of them