Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Haven Catalogue

 I received a lovely surprise in the mail today. SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) sent me the catalogue for the Haven Exhibition.



I was thrilled to be accepted for such a prestigious exhibition because I know that people try for years  and can never get accepted. The downside for getting accepted is that the quilt is on tour for three years and so it's a while before you see the quilt again.

I found my page in the catalogue.


I clearly remember taking that photo of my daughter, Rebecca last year. I had the idea for a quilt and tried taking a photo of myself but I didn't like them at all. I asked if I could take a photo of her in a mask and she agreed. It was a cold, wintery day and I took a few photos but only the final photo was the right one. I asked her to look down and try to look sad.

This is actually the second time that I have been accepted, my quilt called Grief was accepted into the SAQA Connections Exhibition.

Grief by Linda Steele

The first outing for the Haven exhibition will be at the Houston Quilt Show later this year. I am not going but I would love to see it. 

Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a thrill to not only be accepted but also to get the catalogue and see it in print. Hard to part with it for that long though but you can console yourself with thinking about how many people will get to admire it in person. Wish I could be one of them!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, at least exhibitions are happening again.