Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2022

One Step Further 2022

 I was at the opening for One Step Further today, it's the Art Quilt Competition run by Victorian Quilters and I was absolutely thrilled to win a Highly Commended prize for my quilt Time Flies. Actually, I was gob smacked, because I thought my quilt wouldn't be arty enough to win a prize.

Time Flies by Linda Steele

However, I am not complaining.

Jan Preston won the other Highly Commended prize for Shadowed Leaves.

Shadowed leaves by Jan Preston

I don't know how she got such strong colour with her eco printing.

The Runner Up or 2nd prize went to Linden Lancaster for her quilt Bottlewashers 1. I really love Linden's work.

Bottlewashers 1 by Linden Lancaster



Drumroll for the first prize!!

First Prize went to Judy Hooworth for her gorgeous quilt, Mangroves- Low Tide at Lake Eraring.


Mangroves- Low Tide at lake Eraring by Judy Hooworth


The exhibition is help at the Kyabram Town Hall Gallery, Victoria and it will be open everyday except Sundays until the 26th November.

It was a long 3 hour drive there and another 3 hours back, so that was a lot of driving in the rain today. It was a wonderful opening and great to catch up with friends. I'll put more photos up in another post but after all that driving, I am pretty exhausted.

Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yay for you! Congratulations! Fun to see the other quilts as well so the long drive in the rain was worth it. Time now to put your feet up and revel in your success.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, it was such an honour amongst so many wonderful works