Pages

Sunday 9 October 2022

One Step Further Opening

 We had the official opening for One Step Further last Wednesday. One Step Further is an Art Quilt exhibition run by Victorian Quilters, it's run every two years. I left early for the long drive, it usually takes 2 and a half hours to get there but I always stop off for a coffee at a lovely bakery in Murchison on the way, so it takes 3 hours.

We had about 25 people attend, numbers are still down compared to the pre-Covid numbers. A local lady provided a lovely lunch of sandwiches, sausage rolls and cakes. There was a lot of food and it was absolutely delicious.

I managed to take some photos of people that were there in front of their quilts.

Here is the current President of Victorian Quilters, Marie Lee (on the right) with Leslie Edwards, who coordinated One Step Further this year. I took their photo in front of Judy Hooworth's quilt, Mangroves- Low Tide at Lake Eraring, which won first prize.

Leslie Edwards and Marie Lee

Leslie also had a quilt in the show, Leslie loves doing lots of surface design.

Leslie Edwards with her quilt, Silkience


Beth and Trevor Reid came all the way from Canberra to be there. It was good to see them again. They had two quilts in the show. This quilt was called The Eyes Have it.

Beth and Trevor Reid with The Eyes Have it.


Some one took a photo of me with my quilt, Time Flies. I cannot believe how tired I look, I am so busy all the time, I really must slow down.

Me with my Quilt Time Flies

I met Christine Beardsley from South Australia for the first time and we had a good chat.

Christine Beardsley with her quilt, Winter Playtime.

Linden Lancaster won the runner up prize and she was at the opening too. I loved her quilt, she was also excited because she's just heard that she got into Quilt National this year.

Linden Lancaster with Bottlewashers no. 1

It was a lovely afternoon catching up with friends that we haven't seen for a couple of years or more.

I almost forgot, Lyn Weeks also came and I took a photo of her too.

Lyn Weeks with One Green Thread

There was a very diverse range of quilts, so many different techniques. I hope people manage to see the exhibition.

It's on at the Kyabram Town Hall Gallery. Allan Street, Kyabram, Victoria. 

10-4 everyday except Sundays. The exhibition is open until the 26th November.

Bye for now,

Linda



2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a wonderful exhibition! Fun to see photos of the artists alongside their creations too. I've forgotten...is this the show that you used to coordinate?

Linda Steele said...

It did almost feel normal, although Covid is still rumbling in the background. This isn't the exhibition that I usually run, I have been the coordinator of the annual state Guild Show for Victorian Quilters, a more traditional show and much bigger.