Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Sydney Quilt Show 2022

 I have been back from my holiday in Morocco for over a week now, but it took me a week to get over my jet-lag. I have never experienced it before! 

While I was away, the Sydney Quilt Show was on and I won first prize in the Miniature category. I was actually staying at a guest house in the Sahara Desert and woke up to messages from friends in Australia congratulating me. Isn't that amazing! There is internet in the Sahara!

My quilt is called Zest and it is 10 inches square. It is improv machine pieced and machine quilted. My quilt has been returned to me and so I took a photo of it with its blue ribbon.

Zest with ribbon


A friend of mine went up to Sydney for the show because she also won a prize and she brought my prize home with her.

I received a gift voucher from Grafton Textiles and another from Fabric Sauce, they are both shops in NSW. I also received a gorgeous little rotary cutter, circle cutter and a ruler by Olfa and batting from Quilt NSW.

Sydney Quilt Show prizes




I really appreciate those prizes because I know from experience how much work goes into putting on a quilt show and the work that goes into securing sponsorship. Thank you very much Quilt NSW.

I arrived home on Halloween and so two of my grandchildren came over to show me their scary costumes, they were very excited.

Halloween

I took so many photos of Morocco that I will have to start editing and do some posts about it. It was an amazing experience.


Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well deserved win I think! Fun prizes too - I'm sure you'll make good use of all of them.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, it was an honour to win first prize.

jude's page said...

Congratulations Linda, you must have a good collection of ribbons now.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I do have a good collection of ribbons, something that I never thought would happen to me. The thrill of winning a prize never loses its shine though.