Pages

Friday 23 December 2022

Merry Christmas

 I have been busy getting ready for Christmas although the family are having Christmas lunch at my daughter Bec's house. So it's not quite as much work for me.

I'm trying to remember what else I have been up to. I drove to Kyabram to help pack up the One Step Further exhibition and brought home my quilt, Time Flies with it's Highly Commended ribbon.



I've finished my quilt about Jack's first day of school.



In my spare time I am still playing around with drawing and painting. Here are a couple of pages from my sketchbook.



I am playing around with acrylic and watercolour. The photos above are done in acrylic and the ones below are with watercolour.


I still feel like such a beginner but for some reason I really love doing it. I still don't feel as if I have found what I really like to paint. Maybe I'll try some birds next. I did try a portrait but it is not finished.

Our Waverley Art Quilters Challenge this year is called the Moroccan Challenge. I used some silk thread, braid and silk fabric that I bought in Morocco for everyone to play with.


I've actually started mine and that silk thread is horrible to sew with, it catches on everything. You need to file your nails carefully before you start. The group won't thank me for that!

2022 has been a good year but has held plenty of challenges as well. The family are gathering for Christmas and that's wonderful.

My three young grandchildren are, 4,6 and 8 now and are very excited.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Linda



4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Enjoyed seeing your painting experiments - not something I can ever aspire to doing.
Re silk threads...have you tried a product called Thread Heaven? It works really well with rayon threads so perhaps it would with silk as well.
Merry Christmas to you and yours. It will be so much fun with little ones around.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, I di have some Thread Heaven, I'll have to find it. Merry Christmas xx

jude's page said...

Merry Christmas Linda and all the best for 2023

Linda Steele said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Jude.