Pages

Friday 3 March 2023

Moroccan Challenge

 The Waverley Art Quilters met last month for the first time in 2023. Everyone was very happy and enthusiastic to be back. They like the program that I have made for this year too.

Everyone received some fabric, braid and thread in a brown paper bag.


When I was in Marrakech last year, I took a photo of a beautiful pot and I used it as my inspiration.

Pot in Marrakech

I would have made the pot in that beautiful blue colour but because I had to incorporate that dark pink thread, I made a pink pot.

Morocco Challenge

 I put that curtain on the side, so I could include that beautiful blue colour and I could have a more interesting negative space.

It was interesting that only half the group actually did the challenge, but I also understand that. Sometimes you just need a break from working and enjoy the lovely summer holidays.

I had a really busy summer break because we have ordered new carpet for the lounge, dining, study, passage and my sewing room. So we decided to paint the rooms before the new carpet arrived. Moving furniture, tidying up and getting rid of things that I don't need anymore has taken ages. In fact, we are still working on it and the carpet gets installed in two weeks. Yikes! It has taken much longer that we thought it would.

Unfortunately, because my sewing room has been packed up, it is very hard to find things.  It will take time to set up the rooms again but it will be so good to get back to normal.

Bye for now,

Linda


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Linda,
We did the same thing at our place (before C'mas) only it was a complete floorboard repolish. Still painting doors so Quilting has certainly taken a back seat! Regards Wendy

Linda Steele said...

You know what we are going through, Wendy. I am nearly finished my sewing room and then I realised that the skirting boards in the passage haven't been done yet!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would say you accomplished the challenge really well. Even though you didn't use blue for the pot you managed to bring it in elsewhere.
As for the moving of things - I feel for you. I have been contemplating repainting our living room and hallway but I know that would ultimately lead to redoing the entire place and just the thought of having to move all that 'stuff' is enough to make me think better of the idea.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, the preparation and painting is an even bigger job than we first anticipated. I cannot wait for my life to get back to normal.