Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2023

SAQA Spotlight Auction

 I belong to the International Art Quilt group called SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates), it's divided into regions and I am in the Oceania region, which covers Australia and New Zealand.

There is a conference next month in Toronto and they have asked members of all groups to make a small work that measures  6" x 8".  They will be framed and on display at the conference and people buy them and it raises money for SAQA to help with ongoing costs.

The even gave us a little cut out so our tiny quilts would be the correct measurement. Here am I testing the measurements when I started to plan my donation.



It didn't take me long to make and I think it looks better in person than in the photo.

SAQA donation

Oh well, at least I made one, I hope someone buys it.

As part of my preparation for my new carpet, I have been cleaning and clearing out my 30 years of accumulated stuff.

I donated 16 of my quilts to the recent flood victims. They are lovely quilts that have never been used but I don't need them. They are quilts that I have made from patterns over the years when I was learning. I have still kept all of the quilts that I have designed.

Donated Quilts

I am trying to be quite ruthless as I sort through my things. I have donated and given away many of my traditional quilt books. I still can't part with my arty ones though.

Bye for now,
Linda


4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Prepping for renos is a good reason to really assess the things you own and I know the recipients of your quilts will be happy to give them a new home.
Your donation piece will be snapped up in no time I have no doubt. It's certainly reflective of your country.
I've done the same and given away many of my crafting books and I've kept the arty ones. I had a big collection of crazy quilt books and since my interest in that has passed on to landscapes I got rid of most of them. Our library has a used book sale every month so I thought that would be a good place for them to go.

Linda Steele said...

Magpie Mumblings, even though I have got rid of so much stuff, I know I still have way too much. I have still kept my Crazy Patchwork books even though I am not doing it anymore. I am just being sentimental I suppose.

jude's page said...

I hate to think how I would move all the stuff i have, and am trying to clear the decks a bit, but it is a very time consuming thing to do. Hope that I have the time i need to finish the task.

Linda Steele said...

It is such a huge job Jude and a really takes so much time. Thank goodness the carpet is installed next week. I wonder how long it will take to put everything back again!