Pages

Tuesday 21 March 2023

Exhibition Success

 I've had good news in the last week. Firstly, my quilt First Day Fears was accepted for an 

Oz Quilt Network  Online exhibition. The theme was Memories of Childhood. I used a photo that I took of my grandson Jack on his first day of school last year. Oz Quilt Network is a group for Australian Art Quilters.

First Day Fears by Linda Steele


All the entries were so different, you can see them all Here

My improv pieced quilt called Autumn Song was accepted into the SAQA exhibition called Red.

Autumn Song by Linda Steele

Apparently there were 500 entries from all over the world and they only chose 40. I cannot believe how lucky I was. It will be away travelling around the USA for a while, starting in Houston later this year.

Here are a couple of detail photos.



I was thrilled to be chosen because I had entered it into another exhibition and it wasn't accepted. When you are not accepted it knocks your confidence a bit, so it's even more exciting when you do get selected.

Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

jude's page said...

Congratulations Linda, they look great.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I don't enter many shows these days so it was great to be selected.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Two - good for you!!! Fun to see the two pieces and how different they are. To be chosen as one of 40 out of 500 is a pretty huge feat.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, those two quilts are so different, probably easier to concentrate on one thing, but I never make things easy!