Pages

Tuesday 2 May 2023

New Sewing Space

 One of the rooms that received the new carpet was my sewing room, so even though I have used this same room for years, it feels nice and fresh and new, because we painted it as well. I changed the set up a bit too.

I took some photos, while it was still relatively neat! My Q20 that I use for quilting and free motion thread painting, is still in the same corner. It's a nice light area.


My quilting and designing templates are stored in this white chest of drawers. The brown sets of drawers on top hold the Madeira embroidery threads that I love.


My domestic sewing machine is in a different spot and along side it is my computer area.


My new purchase is a combined cutting table and ironing board.


I really love my new set up, it's working so well. What I have noticed when I looked at the photos that I took was that I haven't hung any work or pictures on the walls yet, so it is looking a bit bare. That's the trouble when you paint the walls, you don't want to mess them up.

I have started a new quilt, it feels so good to be inspired again. I actually did a bit of really traditional patchwork for the first time in years.

I sewed some strips of fabric together.


Then I cut them and resewed them into squares.


I don't like having to be so precise, I find it a bit tedious, so luckily I don't need much of it.

Here is a sneak peak of the quilt that I have started, I was inspired by my Morocco trip.


I am the guest speaker at the Patchwork and Quilters Guild on Saturday, they want me to talk about Art Quilts. The good thing about it is that I don't have to bring all my big quilts for a change. I last spoke at this group many years ago, so it will be good to see them again.

Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

In hindsight I really wish I'd painted my sewing room a lighter colour instead of the taupe that's throughout most of the rest of the apartment. Now I look at all that would have to be moved to re-paint again and I feel the need of a nice long lay-down. Nope, not gonna happen! Instead I will admire yours.
Wish I could hear your talk at the Guild because I know I'd learn all sorts of gems. (btw - don't know if you check my blog, but I've been asked to do a trunk show & workshop in January...and...biggest thrill...they've asked me to be the 'Featured Quilter' at their big show the end of this month. All I can say is they must have been desperate!!)

Linda Steele said...

Good luck with your talk and workshop Magpie Mumblings and being the featured quilter as well! Fantastic

jude's page said...

Lovely room Linda, look forward to seeing what you create in this new space.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Jude, I have been really busy sewing a quilt for a deadline