Pages

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Rone Exhibition

 I was able to visit the latest exhibition by Australian Artist Rone at Flinders Street Station before it closed. It was a very successful sold out show. 

Office Space


 Tyrone Wright calls himself Rone and he was born in Geelong, Victoria in 1980. He creates art installations in abandoned buildings. This exhibition was held up on the third floor of busy Flinders Street Station in the city. The third floor used to be a ballroom, but it hasn't been used for many years.

His latest exhibition captures the working class life of migrant women in the 1950's 

Telegraph Office

Every room was set up as a different work space with a portrait of a woman on the wall. It looked as if people just stopped working one day, walked out and the room was left for years.

Sewing Studio

Rone and his team had sourced old furniture and materials and set them out in various rooms. 

Art Studio





I loved the portrait painted on the books, I've always loved books and libraries. 

Library

There was dust and spiderwebs everywhere, but of course it was all part of the display. We were told the spiderwebs were made with a glue gun, they looked very realistic.

Shop

I recognised some of the products on display in the shop from when I was young.

The exhibition finished at the famous ballroom, something I have heard about for years but had never seen. It was set up as a sort of conservatory.

The Ballroom area

I really enjoyed the visit, I actually went on the day my new carpet was being installed, so that was a lovely surprise to see my new carpet at last. We also ordered a new lounge suite but that doesn't arrive until next month. Then I am thinking of getting new curtains in that room. This update is going to take all year, I think!

Bye for now,

Linda


2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - that's incredible!! I hope it's going to remain there for a long time because it would be a shame to take it down. It would make a marvelous museum.
Yay for your new carpet but it sounds as though it's leading to more changes (in our household we call that the 'galloping ick'...meaning one thing always leads to another and another).

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Magpie Mumblings, the galloping ick is very appropriate, I have never heard that expression before.