Pages

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Preparing for AQC

 The Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC) is on next week and Victorian Quilters help Expertise Events put on the show. We help them set up and provide tutor helpers and white glove people to look after the quilts.

AQC hasn't been held in Melbourne for four years because of Covid. That four years has really flown but we are all 4 years older and we have been having trouble getting enough volunteers to help.

This year for the first time the Australian Quilt Show will be held at the Convention. I entered two quilts, mainly because I wanted some gone while we were preparing for the new carpet. I was thrilled to find out that my quilts were both accepted and will go on tour around Australia this year.


I entered Life Goes On and First Day Fears.

Life Goes On by Linda Steele


First Day Fears by Linda Steele


We had the family over last weekend for my youngest son's birthday and we managed to get a photo of the grandchildren-it's like herding cats!



We are all prepared for Easter too.


Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Getting volunteers is a real chore it seems. Our local guild contacted me yesterday wanting to know if I would consider doing a trunk show and a workshop on my landscapes but I'm not sure how they would translate into showing to a large group. On the other hand, I know how hard it is to get speakers.
It was lovely to see the picture of your grandies and I was struck by how well you depicted your little guy in the quilt. It's no wonder your work was chosen to be in the show.
Happy Easter to you and yours!

Linda Steele said...

You should do the talk, Magpie Mumblings. I am sure everyone will enjoy it.