Pages

Tuesday 31 October 2023

SAQA Red in Houston

 The big international quilt show in Houston begins this week. I have been lucky enough to go twice although my quilts have been there quite a few times. I didn't enter the judged show this year but I do have a quilt on display in the SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates) exhibition.

The exhibition is called Red and I was delighted to find that my quilt was on the cover of the catalogue.

SAQA Red Catalogue

The pages are quite glossy, so it didn't photograph very well.

Here is my spread inside the book.




Here is a photo of the actual quilt.

Autumn Song


Here are a couple of detail photos.




I made this improv quilt in 2022. I just started cutting and piecing with no pattern or plan, but halfway through making the quilt, I was reminded of Autumn and so that idea stuck.


The other exciting thing that happened recently was that my husband and I went to the Paul McCartney Concert.


I bought the tickets as a treat for my husband because he was a big fan of the Beatles when we met in the 1970's. It was a fantastic concert. There was no support act and no interval and Paul sang and played multiple instruments for 3 hours. You could tell how much he loves singing and performing.



I could have easily sat through the concert again, it was so good. We stayed the night in the city, a short walk from the stadium, so we didn't have to deal with the traffic after the concert. It was like a mini holiday.

Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - now you're a cover girl! Congratulations!! You must have been so excited when you discovered your quilt was featured on the cover.
And to see Paul McCartney in person must have been a joy too. Can't imagine many of the younger performers being willing (or able) to perform for three solid hours with no break.

nestki said...

What a treasure is Paul McCartney. Congratulations on having your amazing quilt in the Houston show (again)! You, too, are an international treasure.

Linda Steele said...

Paul McCartney was so much better than I expected, Magpie Mumblings. I am so glad that we went. It was a very friendly and happy experience.

Linda Steele said...

Thank You Nestki, that's very kind of you. I got even better news yesterday, I found out that my quilt was bought by someone!