Pages

Tuesday 7 November 2023

Autumn Song Sold

 My quilt Autumn Song was on display at The Houston Quilt Festival last week. It had been selected to tour with the SAQA Global exhibition called RED.

I was enjoying seeing the various Houston posts on Facebook and saw pictures of the Red exhibition. They are not my photos so I don't think I can share them here.


I received a wonderful email during the week to say that someone had bought my quilt!

It was such a thrill and an honour that someone decided that they wanted my quilt. I also sold my quilt called Grief at Houston in 2021. I remember being thrilled then but never expected to sell another one.

Grief by Linda Steele


So, I won't see both those quilts again. They take a long time to make but I have made so many quilts over the years, I am happy to let some go.

Here is a photo of the full Autumn Song.

Autumn Song by Linda Steele


Autumn Song was one of the first fully improv quilts that I made. I am glad that somebody else liked it too.

Bye for now,

Linda

4 comments:

nestki said...

Congratulations, both quilts are amazing. You have the photographs and the memories, and two people have heirlooms made by an internationally famous artist!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you, Nestki, what a lovely thing to say.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure you were thrilled that it sold, but a little sad to see it go too. I know if I'm lucky enough to sell any of my work, that's the way I feel.

Linda Steele said...

Yes, that's how I feel Magpie Mumblings, especially as this was the first quilt that I had made that was totally improv. Oh well, I'd better get sewing!