Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2024

AQC 2024

 AQC or the Australasian Quilt Convention is over for another year. I am so lucky that it is held in Melbourne where I live because it means that I can go every year.


This year I was the guest artist on the BERNINA stand and it was a fabulous experience. The stand was 12 metres long so it was hard to get a photo of it all. It was a great honour to be asked.

Bernina Australia stand

I sat down at a Q16 sewing machine and demonstrated quilting and talked to visitors at the show for four days. People were so kind about my quilts and I received many compliments.

Demonstrating the Q16

I even managed to sell a couple of machines, which was a highlight. It was an easy sell though, I have the Q20 and I love it. The Bernina people were lovely to hang around with too.

I also had a quilt in the SAQA Red Display. It is the quilt that sold in Houston last year, so it will be the last time that I see it.

Autumn Song by Linda Steele


I took some more photos of quilts that I liked.

Two Ponies and a Dog by Jocelyn Trembath



Australian Flora by Bev Butler


Conundrum by Belinda Betts

I also escaped from the Bernina stand on the first day to have a catch up with some SAQA members from all over Australia.

SAQA Oceania catch up


I took some more quilt photos but I'll put them in the next post.


Linda Steele on Bernina Stand

Bye for now,

Linda

No comments: