Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2024

Annemieke Mein - A Life's Work

 The Annemieke Mein retrospective exhibition has now finished, people are still talking about how wonderful it was though. I am sure that it could have gone on for longer.

You can read my post about the Exhibition here

I purchased the new book, called Annemieke Mein- A Life's work. It is a large hefty book and has all the work that was in the exhibition and more.


The book is not a 'how to' but rather a look at all her work to date. There are a lot of essays from various people about Annemieke and her work.

I actually haven't read the book yet and as I usually read books in bed, I am not sure when I will. The book is too heavy for bedtime reading. I have glanced at some of the articles and it is interesting, so I'll have to try and read it during the day.

Here are some of the pages.





I looked at the gallery website and some of the merchandise is still for sale. You can see it on the Gippsland Art Gallery Website here.


2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooooh - I'm coveting that book!!! I went tearing over to Amazon to see if they have it available and sadly it's not there. Will have to keep looking for a copy. Thank you for the info!

Linda Steele said...

The exhibition was so wonderful, it really needs a sponsor so it could travel overseas. I am sure it would be well attended wherever it went.