Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Beth and Trevor Reid Exhibition

 My husband and I travelled up to Kyabram to the opening of the Beth and Trevor Reid exhibition.

Beth and Trevor are husband and wife artists from Canberra in Australia. I have seen one or two of their quilts before in exhibitions but absolutely loved seeing their collection. We were greeted by amazing colour and design. What a feast for the senses.

Here are some of my favourites, but really I loved everything.

Hot Lava by Beth and Trevor Reid


I loved how they spoke about their work and told us the secrets of how they made them.

Diversity Waterways

Here is a detail photo but really my photos do not do them justice.

Diversity Waterways detail

Checkmate by Beth and Trevor Reid

I love how they create by combing quilts and art techniques.

Degree of Difference by Beth and Trevor Reid


Griffen Legacy by Beth and Trevor Reid.

There are actually 20 leaves in this collection but they only had three of them on display. I actually bought the one on the left. So it will come home with me when the exhibition closes.


Elements by Beth and Trevor Reid.

As I said before my photos do not do them justice and you will be blown away by the full gallery of their colourful work. I wish that I had taken a photo of the room, so you could get an idea of the visual feast.

Luckily the exhibition is on until the 4th October 2024.

It on at the Kyabram Town Hall Gallery in Victoria, Australia.

Bye for now,

Linda

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Once again, an exhibition that I would love to see in person. From the pictures you've shared I have to say I admire their use of colour.

Linda Steele said...

I agree Magpie Mumblings, I felt awash with colour when I entered the gallery