Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

CQJP 2012 March




I am managing to keep up to date with my Crazy Quilt Journal Blocks (CQJP 2012).


My theme is Christmas and this month I used a blue background as my base. I really like the blue and don’t know why I don’t use that colour more often. It was always my favourite colour when I was growing up.


This month, I decided to needle turn appliqué a couple of Christmas crackers in the middle of the block.


Here is the finished 6" block.




The block looks a little bare on the right edge but I am leaving a place for a charm. I don’t put the charms on my crazy quilts until after they are quilted.




The little red stitches on the cretan stitch on the top right is Sorbello stitch.


I had better get started on my April block. Actually, hasn’t the year just started, why are we suddenly talking about April!



Bye for now,

Linda

No comments: