Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Thread Storage




I decided to organise my hand sewing threads because I had too many little boxes of this and that and I wanted everything in the one place.

 I already had 2 plastic containers for my 6 strand embroidery floss that I use all the time. I really love them because they are big and I can see my thread clearly. I bought them from the Craftainers stand at the Melbourne Craft and Quilting Show one year (aka Jeff’s shed) I have looked for them since and they haven’t been there again.


Here is a picture of one of the containers.




So I went on line to buy some more. I ended up buying not only some more plastic containers but a little shelf system to store them all. I also bought a bigger container that I have stored at the top of the storage container.


So, I have 2 containers holding my 6 strand embroidery floss and 1 container holding all of the thicker threads.


Another one contains my wool threads.

I am lucky to have the entire range of the 100wt YLI silk thread and so I have stored them in a container.

In the last container I am going to store all my silk ribbon.



In the big container up the top, I have stored all my braids.




I am very happy with my new system and it makes everything so handy and easy to find.



I was also happy with the service from Craftainers. The package arrived within two days of placing the order.



I have to get back to my sewing!


Bye for now,
Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, what a lovely collection of threads and other things. It will be so easy to find them all when looking for just the thread, wool or braid you 'know you have'.

Cathie

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Cathie, it saves so much time if you don't have to rummage around to find things

Gina E. said...

Oh you ARE well organised. My DMC stranded cottons are in take away food containers, one box per hundred (as in the numbers I mean).
I've got a heap of Semco stranded cottons in a large tin, and Anchor cottons in another large tin. That will have to do...I couldn't bear the thought of arranging the whole lot like yours!

Linda Steele said...

Gina, My embroidery threads were wound onto those plastic cards years ago, back when I had a lot more time than I do now.

martinsuji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.