Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

New Fabric storage

I have found some new plastic containers for holding some fabric. I happened to be in the Reject shop when they caught my eye. I keep all my fabric in plastic drawers labelled by colour but sometimes I keep some fabric in range order as well. I have some silk containers and hand dyed containers, batik containers, floral fabric containers and Christmas fabric containers.

These new containers seemed just the right size for fat quarters or half yard pieces. They are quite deep as well so they fit right into the back of the cupboard.

Front View

They stack on top of each other and they are quite light weight and easy to manage. They have plastic dividers in them and this is what they look light from the top.

Top View
They are a good size too, 14.5" (37cm) wide, 22" (56cm) long and 5" (13cm) deep. Here is a side view.

Side view
These containers are holding my latest favourite fabric, Stonehenge by Northcott. They are perfect for landscape style quilts and that is what I am planning on trying next year.

Stonehenge Fabrics
They have a bit more detail and life than the normal tone on tone style fabrics and are perfect for trees, hill, rocks and flowers.

How do you store your fabric?

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

jude's page said...

My fabric is only stored on an open book shelf in my sewing room, probably should have some sort of cover, although it does not get any direct light on it. I have PHD's stored in boxes with the relevant fabric. Been awhile since I had any major fabric buying happening, except for wide backings for resale to customers. Hope to have a year on working on my own stuff sometimes??

Linda Steele said...

Ok Jude, You've got me now, what is a PHD?
Linda

Gina E. said...

Is it Project Half Done? There are some great acronyms around - my favourite is SINS - Stuff I'll Never Stitch!
As for containers, my stash is stored in a wardrobe which had shelves built into it for the purpose of storing fabric. I tried plastic boxes but they took up too much room on their own, so now the fabric is just piled up - neatly!

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina,
It must be project half done. I love SINS, I usually throw them out.
Linda